About this article.
It is always a good idea to take a backup of your website. This article guides you through the steps of creating, and downloading a full backup of your website. It is recommended to always have a backup no longer than one month old, depending on your business / website, this time may decrease significantly.
Creating a full backup.
It is very simple to create a full backup, following these simple steps you can do it yourself.
- Login into your webhosting account, or click [HERE] to be taken to the login page.
- Locate the “FILES” section, and click on “Backup”.
Alternatively, search in the search bar for “Backup” and click on “Backup”.
- Locate the “Full Backup” section, and click on Download a Full Website Backup.
- Under the “Generate a Full Backup” section, configure the “Backup Destination” to your preferred destination. Also configure if you’d like to be notified of the completion in the “Email Address” field.
- To start the backup process, click on “Generate Backup".
Downloading a full backup.
- Follow step 1 through 3 of the section “Creating a full backup” from this article.
- Under the section “Backups Available for Download”, click on the backup of your choosing to download, the download will automatically begin.